It’s only three steps to get started.
- Download the mod
- Install it into your Minecraft
- Launch it and accept the terms.
Download the mod
Download the mod by clicking on this link. Your browser may prompt you that this is a dangerous file. This is because it is code (which all mods are). You should allow the download.
UPDATE 2016-06-29: In order to support Minecraft versions 1.8 and later, a small change to the Doctor was necessary.
UPDATE 2016-08-01: <sigh> In order to support Minecraft versions 1.12 and later, another small change to the Doctor was necessary. Hopefully, this will be the last change, and newer versions of Minecraft won’t break things so stupidly.
This newer version (which you can get from the link above), supports both the older Minecraft versions as well as the newer (1.5 to at least 1.12, probably even newer). Make sure that you have
MinecraftDoctor-1.2.jar in your mods folder.
There are many different ways to install the mod. Alot depends on how you are running Minecraft. NOTE: This mod requires a Forge based Minecraft, which almost all modded Minecrafts are.
- If you are running a basic Forge Minecraft, just copy the file into the mods folder.
- If you are running ATLauncher, then you can following the instructions here
- If you are running Feed the Beast (FTB), then you can follow the instructions here
- If you are running Technic, then you can follow the instructions here
- Servers are not yet tested. Stay tuned.
Launch and Accept Terms
The next time that you launch Minecraft, a window will appear with some basic terms. This is because Minecraft Doctor does upload information (no personal information, and just details about your Minecraft installation) to the Minecraft Doctor servers in order to determine which patches are necessary. We strive to make our process as transparent as possible, so, we make sure that you accept this before transmitting anything.
Once you’ve accepted the terms, patches will be automatically installed and updated each time you launch Minecraft.